Looks great for Valentine's Day! They look very easy to make and yummy! Found this on the Pillsbury site. Cooling and chilling time is about an hour and a half.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 drops red food coloring
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, finely chopped, drained on paper towels
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup whipping cream (heavy)
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Break up cookie dough into ungreased 15"x10" pan with sides.
- 3With floured fingers, press dough evenly in bottom of pan to form crust.
- 4Bake 10-15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- 5Meanwhile, in small bowl, beat 1 egg white until frothy.
- 6Remove partially baked crust from the oven.
- 7Brush egg white over crust.
- 8Return to oven; bake 3 minutes longer or until egg white is set.
- 9Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- 10Add egg yolk, 2 eggs, the condensed milk, almond extract and food color; beat until well blended.
- 11Stir in chopped cherries.
- 12Remove partially baked crust from oven.
- 13Pour cherry mixture evenly over crust.
- 14Return to oven; bake 16-20 minutes longer or until set.
- 15Cool completely, about 45 minutes.
- 16Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, heat chocolate chips and margarine over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth.
- 17Remove from heat.
- 18Cool 20 minutes.
- 19Stir whipping cream into chocolate mixture until well blended.
- 20Spread over cooled bars.
- 21Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- 22For bars, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows.
- 23Store in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Choco-Cherry Cheesecake Bars
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.7
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 78.7 mg
- Sodium 214.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 31.0 g
- Protein 5.3 g