Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Looks great for Valentine's Day! They look very easy to make and yummy! Found this on the Pillsbury site. Cooling and chilling time is about an hour and a half.
- 1 (18 ounce) roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 drops red food coloring
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, finely chopped, drained on paper towels
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream (heavy)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Break up cookie dough into ungreased 15"x10" pan with sides.
- With floured fingers, press dough evenly in bottom of pan to form crust.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, beat 1 egg white until frothy.
- Remove partially baked crust from the oven.
- Brush egg white over crust.
- Return to oven; bake 3 minutes longer or until egg white is set.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add egg yolk, 2 eggs, the condensed milk, almond extract and food color; beat until well blended.
- Stir in chopped cherries.
- Remove partially baked crust from oven.
- Pour cherry mixture evenly over crust.
- Return to oven; bake 16-20 minutes longer or until set.
- Cool completely, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, heat chocolate chips and margarine over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool 20 minutes.
- Stir whipping cream into chocolate mixture until well blended.
- Spread over cooled bars.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- For bars, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows.
- Store in refrigerator.
I made this for the Think Pink October 2008 Recipe Tag! Di - these are terrific! Very easy to make!! I made these for the adults at our Parent Group meeting - a big hit!! None were left!