Recipe by granmdas girl
I love helping my mom in the kitchen with this one now that I'm old enough to do a little more than open up the individual caramels(hey, if you have little ones get them in one this one, they'll just love sneaking a little caramel here and there, but you might want to buy extras ;) This has been a family favorite for years. Its gooey chocolatey, everything a great brownie should be. Enjoy! :)
- 1 (18 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) package Kraft caramels
- nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix by hand the cake mix, butter, 1/3 cup evaporate milk (you're going to need the rest later) and nuts if you choose.
- Press half of the mixture into a 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350F for 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- In a saucepan melt caramels and other 1/3 cup evaporated milk.
- Spread over half cooked mixture.
- Top with remaining batter and bake it for 15 more minutes with the temp still at 350 degrees.