Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Really easy dessert squares with a great flavor of chocolate and bananas. They are really addicting! My mother got it from a co-worker several years ago.
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup banana, mashed
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream first three ingredients together.
- Mix in bananas.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and then add to wet mixture.
- Stir in cocolate chips.
- Spread batter in a greased and floured 10x5 inch jelly roll pan and bake at 350 for approximately 25 minutes or until the top is golden.
Very good, DD#1 made them (she is learning to cook). Nice taste and a good beginner recipe.
These are really good. I didn't have the jelly roll pan, so I made it in a 10X13 baking pan & baked a little longer. Came out more like a cake than a square. Thanks for posting.