Recipe by Oolala
Shamelessly ripped from a magazine but not sure which one. Sounds so easy since it uses a refrigerated pie crust and "once that's baked, most of your work is done. Fill with a combo of cooked pudding and bananas, chill, then blanket with freshly whipped cream. Yum!" I haven't made this yet but I will! There is 4 or more hours chill time not included in cook time.
- 1 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crusts
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages chocolate pudding, cook and serve, not instant
- 3 cups milk
- 3 bananas, coarsely mashed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 banana, sliced, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Unroll crust into 9 inch pie pan and crimp edges; prick bottom with a fork and bake at 450°F for 9-11 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Meanwhile, finely chop 1 ounce of chocolate; set aside for garnish.
- Coarsely chop remaining 3 oz. of chocolate and place in a nonstick saucepan along with pudding mixes. Slowly stir in milk.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until the mixture reaches a full boil and is very thick.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in mashed bananas.
- Pour into the cooled pie crust shell. Cover filling directly with waxed paper to prevent skin from forming and refrigerate until set, 4 hours to overnight.
- To serve pie, remove and discard waxed paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat cream and confectioner's sugar until stiff and spread over pie filling and sprinkle with reserved finely chopped chocolate over whipped cream.
- Garnish with additional banana slices, if desired.