Shamelessly ripped from a magazine but not sure which one. Sounds so easy since it uses a refrigerated pie crust and "once that's baked, most of your work is done. Fill with a combo of cooked pudding and bananas, chill, then blanket with freshly whipped cream. Yum!" I haven't made this yet but I will! There is 4 or more hours chill time not included in cook time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 450°F.
- 2Unroll crust into 9 inch pie pan and crimp edges; prick bottom with a fork and bake at 450°F for 9-11 minutes.
- 3Let cool.
- 4Meanwhile, finely chop 1 ounce of chocolate; set aside for garnish.
- 5Coarsely chop remaining 3 oz. of chocolate and place in a nonstick saucepan along with pudding mixes. Slowly stir in milk.
- 6Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until the mixture reaches a full boil and is very thick.
- 7Remove from heat and quickly stir in mashed bananas.
- 8Pour into the cooled pie crust shell. Cover filling directly with waxed paper to prevent skin from forming and refrigerate until set, 4 hours to overnight.
- 9To serve pie, remove and discard waxed paper.
- 10In a medium sized bowl, beat cream and confectioner's sugar until stiff and spread over pie filling and sprinkle with reserved finely chopped chocolate over whipped cream.
- 11Garnish with additional banana slices, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Choco-Banana Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.8
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 54.3 mg
- Sodium 190.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 5.4 g