Recipe by Mary Jenny
Here are some simple tips to get started from the experts at Robin Hood: The back-to-school two-step: bake and freeze – Baking allows you to freeze everything from cookies to breads, to make busy mornings a breeze. Just remember to freeze items in individual portions so you can pull out what you need anytime. Be recipe-selective and add some goodness – A recipe like Choco-Banana Bread Bites gives you two grams of fibre per serving when made with Robin Hood Nutri Flour Blend Tastes Like White. This new blend is a combination of unbleached flour and oat hull fibre. Making it fun means making it convenient – Baking is a terrific activity to engage the whole family – everyone has a role and can enjoy the finished product. So Robin Hood has developed a re-sealable bag using the new Grip-Lock system. It closes even with flour particles along the edges, making baking more convenient, leaving more time for fun.
- 3⁄4 cup carnation fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 cup ripe mashed banana (2-3 medium)
- 1 banana, sliced (1/4â /5 mm)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Crisco, canola or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups Robin Hood Nutri Flour Blend, tastes like white
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 36 banana chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Combine evaporated milk and vinegar in a medium bowl. Stir well (mixture will thicken). Add bananas and baking soda to the evaporated milk mixture. Next, whisk egg, brown sugar, oil and vanilla in a separate large bowl. Stir in flour and baking powder. Add banana mixture and stir until mixture is well combined. Add chocolate chips if using.
- Drop 2 tbsp (30mL) dough on prepared baking sheets, about 2” (5cm) apart. Place banana chip on top of each cookie. Bake in preheated oven 13 to 15 minutes until the edges are lightly browned. Cool cookies on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to cooling rack. Store cookies loosely covered or in the freezer.