Prep 6 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very easy recipe. If I can make it, anyone can. I made this for my nut loving MIL, who thought it was great especially because I used pecans.
- Combine butter, sugar and corn syrop in a large saucepan.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir and cook over medium heat until smooth and bubbly.
- Cook, covered for one minute.
- Add nuts, increase heat to medium-high.
- Cook uncovered, stirring constantly until syrop is a warm golden color (about 5 minutes).
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and lightly butter.
- Pour mixture onto pan, spreading as thin as possible.
- Cool until hard (approximately 30 minutes).
- Peel from foil and break into bite-sized pieces.
Yum Yum! I made this recipe and it was easy and delicious! I used only peanuts but I'd like to try it with mixed nuts too. I turned my heat way down and cooked it for the full five minutes and I had perfect results. Thanks Melanie for this great Christmas treat!
This was a easy way to make peanut brittle but I also noticed that at 5 minutes it was too long. My brittle also had a touch of burnt flavor. Next time I will go 4 minutes instead. Thanks melanie in winnipeg
This is an incredibly easy brittle recipe. I used only plain old salted cocktail peanuts, but my hubby was still impressed with the flavor. This will be a nice addition to my Christmas goodie trays.