Recipe by CaliforniaJan
This is a filling and flavorful low calorie meatloaf that is made more healthy with the addition of veggies. Serve with riced potatoes and a salad for a nutritious meal.
Top Review by Katanashrp
This is a perfect example of a dish that's made healthy and tastes even better than the original. I topped it with marinara instead of ketchup just because it's the way we like to have meatloaf in our house. I would highly recommend it to everyone, especially to parents who are trying to include more veggies in their children's diet. Thank you.
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 236.59 ml chopped red pepper, and
- green pepper, mixed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 236.59 ml grated carrot
- 118.29 ml sliced celery
- 1 beef bouillon cube (or packet)
- 453.59 g ground turkey
- 113.39 g low-fat cheddar cheese, grated (if not using low cal. reduce to 3 oz.)
- 4 slice low-calorie bread, pulsed in a food processor into crumbs
- 118.29 ml tomato sauce
- 59.14 ml plain nonfat yogurt
- 29.58 ml chopped parsley
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 9.85 ml chili powder
- salt and pepper
- chives (optional)
- chili sauce, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions, peppers, garlic, carrots and celery and beef bullion packet in a pan sprayed with non stick spray until soft.
- Mix sauted vegetables with remaining ingredients. Shape into a loaf and bake 40-60 minutes in a 350 degree oven in a pan sprayed with non-stick spray. Serve topped with a dash of chili sauce or catsup.