Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is actually a very affordable dinner when clams are in season. I prefer using the slightly larger cherrystone clams, but littlenecks are fine too. If using the littlenecks, reduce the cooking time about 1-2 minutes.
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can baby clams
- 2 tablespoons italian-seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 fresh clams (cherrystone or littleneck)
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Do not let it brown!
- Stir in tomatoes with their juices, canned clams with their juices, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt, and fresh clams. Cook for just 2 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Stir in pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until the fresh clams open and mixture is hot, about 3-5 minutes. Discard any clams that do not open.
Very good and easy dinner which we enjoyed. I didn't have any fresh clams so just used the canned clams and tomatoes for a very economical and delicious dinner which we all enjoyed. Thanks for sharing!