You'd be surprised at how many yummy things you can fit into a muffin! I modeled this recipe after Panera's (St. Louis Bread Co) "Morning Glory" muffins. A great way to sneak healthy things into your kids and husband!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄4 cup candied ginger, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 apple, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray muffin tins (6 jumbo, 12 regular, 24 mini) with baking spray, or grease and flour.
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Combine wet ingredients, and pour into dry ingredients.
- Gently stir and fold, just until all ingredients are incorporated into the batter.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake for 16 minutes for jumbo (12 and 10 for regular and mini, respectively.).
- Crack open oven door and turn oven to broil.
- Broil for three minutes or until the tops of the muffins are browned.
- Let tins sit on wire rack for a couple minutes, then flip out muffins and let them cool on rack, or split open and enjoy warm with a gob of butter!
- FOR FREEZING:.
- Put muffins into sandwich or storage bags, according to servings needed. Put those bags into freezer bag and seal tightly. Let thaw overnight or slowly in microwave or oven.