1/1 Photo of Choc-Pecan Cookies - Gluten-Free
A recipe from Australian Women’s Weekly “the little book of Chocolate”. In Australia, White Wings cornflour is gluten-free . Makes 24 cookies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups pecan pieces (180 grams)
- 125 g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar (110 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour (100 grams)
- 1/2 cup cornflour (cornstarch, ensure gluten-free)
- 150 g dark chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 1Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C if fan forced). Grease oven trays and line with baking paper.
- 2Process the 1.5 cups of pecan pieces until ground finely.
- 3Beat the butter, sugar, vanilla and pecan meal in a small bowl with an electic mixer until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- 4Add the egg and beat until combined.
- 5Sift in the flours and then add the chopped chocolate.
- 6Roll rounded tablespoons of the mixture into balls. Place 7cm apart on the trays and flatten slighty. Top with a whole pecan.
- 7Bake about 20 minutes and cool on trays.
- 8Drizzle the cookies with melted chocolate.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Choc-Pecan Cookies - Gluten-Free
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.7
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 18.8 mg
- Sodium 42.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 2.6 g