Recipe by **Jubes**
A recipe from Australian Women’s Weekly “the little book of Chocolate”. In Australia, White Wings cornflour is gluten-free . Makes 24 cookies.
Top Review by PaulaG
Loved them! With chocolate inside and out how can a person go wrong? The recipe went together well. The cookies are easy to shape and they don't spread that much making them one of my favorite gluten free cookies. I liked that the ingredients were listed with gram alternatives as I have found that weighing gluten free flours is the way to go. A brown rice flour blend was used but other than that the recipe was followed as written. Made for Aussie Swap.
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan pieces (180 grams)
- 125 g butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar (110 grams)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice flour (100 grams)
- 1⁄2 cup cornflour (cornstarch, ensure gluten-free)
- 150 g dark chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 24 whole pecans
- 50 g dark chocolate, melted for decoration
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C if fan forced). Grease oven trays and line with baking paper.
- Process the 1.5 cups of pecan pieces until ground finely.
- Beat the butter, sugar, vanilla and pecan meal in a small bowl with an electic mixer until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat until combined.
- Sift in the flours and then add the chopped chocolate.
- Roll rounded tablespoons of the mixture into balls. Place 7cm apart on the trays and flatten slighty. Top with a whole pecan.
- Bake about 20 minutes and cool on trays.
- Drizzle the cookies with melted chocolate.