Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Yummy dessert with just the right amount of sweetness (in my opinion)
Make and share this Choc Mint Cheesecake Slice (Bars) recipe from Food.com.
- 0.41 lb unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa, sifted
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain flour, sifted
- 0.11 lb dark chocolate, melted, cooled
- 1⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 1 bunch mint, leaves picked
- 0.55 lb cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1⁄2 cup thickened cream
- 2 -3 drops green food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and grease and line a 20cm square loose-bottomed cake pan with baking paper.
- Place butter, cocoa, sugar, eggs and flour in a bowl and mix well to combine. Press firmly into the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes or until set. Allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, for the mint topping, place sugar, mint and 1/2 cup (125ml) water in a saucepan over low heat and stir until the sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium and simmer for 3 minutes, then set aside to cool completely. Strain the sugar syrup into a jug, discarding the solids. Place the cream cheese in a food processor and whiz for a few seconds to soften. Add cooled sugar syrup, eggs, peppermint extract, cream and food colouring and process until smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into cake pan then tightly wrap the base of the pan with foil to make it watertight. Place the cheesecake in a deep baking dish and fill with enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the cake pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until topping is just set – the cake may have a slight wobble but it will firm on cooling. Remove from the oven and cool completely, then chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut cheesecake into slices, drizzle over the cooled melted chocolate and serve.