1/1 Photo of Choc Mint Cheesecake Slice (Bars)
Yummy dessert with just the right amount of sweetness (in my opinion)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 0.41 lb unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup cocoa, sifted
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain flour, sifted
- 0.11 lb dark chocolate, melted, cooled
- 1Preheat the oven to 160°C and grease and line a 20cm square loose-bottomed cake pan with baking paper.
- 2Place butter, cocoa, sugar, eggs and flour in a bowl and mix well to combine. Press firmly into the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes or until set. Allow to cool completely.
- 3Meanwhile, for the mint topping, place sugar, mint and 1/2 cup (125ml) water in a saucepan over low heat and stir until the sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium and simmer for 3 minutes, then set aside to cool completely. Strain the sugar syrup into a jug, discarding the solids. Place the cream cheese in a food processor and whiz for a few seconds to soften. Add cooled sugar syrup, eggs, peppermint extract, cream and food colouring and process until smooth.
- 4Pour the cheesecake mixture into cake pan then tightly wrap the base of the pan with foil to make it watertight. Place the cheesecake in a deep baking dish and fill with enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the cake pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until topping is just set – the cake may have a slight wobble but it will firm on cooling. Remove from the oven and cool completely, then chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- 5Cut cheesecake into slices, drizzle over the cooled melted chocolate and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Choc Mint Cheesecake Slice (Bars)
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 785.6
- Calories from Fat 489
- Total Fat 54.4 g
- Saturated Fat 31.8 g
- Cholesterol 290.3 mg
- Sodium 205.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 46.0 g
- Protein 12.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: