1/1 Photo of Choc Mint Cheesecake Slice (Bars)
Yummy dessert with just the right amount of sweetness (in my opinion)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 185 g unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup cocoa, sifted
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain flour, sifted
- 50 g dark chocolate, melted, cooled
- 1Preheat the oven to 160°C and grease and line a 20cm square loose-bottomed cake pan with baking paper.
- 2Place butter, cocoa, sugar, eggs and flour in a bowl and mix well to combine. Press firmly into the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes or until set. Allow to cool completely.
- 3Meanwhile, for the mint topping, place sugar, mint and 1/2 cup (125ml) water in a saucepan over low heat and stir until the sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium and simmer for 3 minutes, then set aside to cool completely. Strain the sugar syrup into a jug, discarding the solids. Place the cream cheese in a food processor and whiz for a few seconds to soften. Add cooled sugar syrup, eggs, peppermint extract, cream and food colouring and process until smooth.
- 4Pour the cheesecake mixture into cake pan then tightly wrap the base of the pan with foil to make it watertight. Place the cheesecake in a deep baking dish and fill with enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the cake pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until topping is just set – the cake may have a slight wobble but it will firm on cooling. Remove from the oven and cool completely, then chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- 5Cut cheesecake into slices, drizzle over the cooled melted chocolate and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Choc Mint Cheesecake Slice (Bars)
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 785.6
- Calories from Fat 489
- Total Fat 54.4 g
- Saturated Fat 31.8 g
- Cholesterol 290.3 mg
- Sodium 205.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 46.0 g
- Protein 12.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: