Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great lunchbox item. An Australian cup is 250ml.
- melted butter, to grease
- 1⁄2 cup self-raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2⁄3 cup desiccated coconut
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup sultana
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 125 g butter, melted, cooled
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Brush a 17 x 27cm pan with melted butter to lightly grease.
- Line the base and 2 opposite long sides with non-stick baking paper, allowing it to overhang.
- Sift the combined flours into a bowl. Add the oats, coconut, sugar, sultanas and choc bits, and stir to combine.
- Make a well in the centre and add the melted butter and egg. Use a wooden spoon to stir until well combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan and use the back of a spoon to smooth the surface.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely.
- Cut into squares to serve.
These are delicious cookie bars. It's sweet, chewy, has a bit of crunch from the rolled oats and I just love the chocolate chips in it. I made these 3 weeks ago and it stores well too until today. Much enjoyed! Thanks! :D
These are delicious! I love how cookie bars are called slice in Australia/New Zealand. I have a favorite lemon slice recipe too. Anyhow, these are great and very well received by my teenage taste testers!