1/1 Photo of Choc Chip Date Nut Cake
Lady in love :)'s Note:
This is an easy home made cake with a delicious crunchy topping on a super moist cake! It is not super sweet but rather you taste the cocoa. People tend to put to much of the toppings on, big mistake stick to the recipe amounts! Dates are some times hard to find, so I order my chopped dates on line in 8oz pks. Dromedary are my favorite, but Sun Maid , or Dole are good too.Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1First pour baking soda and boiling water over chopped dates set aside to cool.
- 2Cream together 3/4c shortening, 1c sugar, & 2eggs. Set aside.
- 3Date mixture-Sift together 1 1/2c flour, 2tbl sp Coacoa, 1/2 tsp salt.
- 4now add the date mixture to the creamed mixture and stir in the cooled dates.
- 5Put into a sprayed and lightly floured 9 X 13 pan. I just use Pam w/ flour nonstick spray.
- 6Topping- Stir together 1/2c sugar, 1c choc chips, 1/2c chopped walnuts. Mix together and sprinkle over cake.
- 7Bake at 350 for 35-40 min or untill toothpick comes out almost clean. Do not over bake!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Choc Chip Date Nut Cake
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.5
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 216.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 44.9 g
- Protein 4.6 g