Recipe by Vonnie85
Another gem from the collection of primary school recipes. And these biscuits do NOT stinge on choc-chips!!
Top Review by dave1nat
i love this recipe. I usually make double mixture, use the first half as is, then add 2-3tbs cocoa to the second half and make double choc-chip cookies. This way everyone in our house is happy.
- 125 g butter
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 3⁄4 cups self-rising flour
- 200 g chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 180 Celsius.
- Line flat oven trays with baking paper.
- Beat butter until soft.
- Add castor and brown sugars and beat until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the egg and vanilla essence, beating until well combined.
- Sift the flour and fold into the mixture.
- Add the chocolate and stir well.
- Pinch off teaspoonfulls of the mixture and roll into small balls. Place evenly on trays, allowing for spreading.
- Bake for 15mins.