Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
An economical dessert, pudding or an extravagant breakfast, this one is sure to please!
Make and share this Choc Chip Bread & Butter Pudding & Butterscotch Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Butter a 10x20cm loaf dish and set aside.
- Butter bread slices and remove crusts, cut to required shape to fit you pan.
- Whisk eggs & sugar until pale, gradually blend in milk & vanilla.
- Place a layer of buttered bread over the base of the prepared dish. Sprinkle with a little chocolate.
- Pour over enough custard mix to just cover the bread layer. Continue layering, bread chocolate & custard until pan is full, finishing with a layer of bread.
- Drizzle with any remaining custard & dust with cinnamon sugar & nutmeg.
- Place pan into a baking dish filled with enough water to to come halfway up the sides of the pan.
- Bake at 180°C for 1 hour or until firm.
- Prepare butterscotch sauce - Melt butter & sugar together in a saucepan, stir in cream.
- Bring to the boil, stirring, reduce heat, simmer for 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Serve pudding with warm sauce and cream if desired.