Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Bread & butter pudding made better with choc chips.
- 125 g butter, softened
- 10 slices bread
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips or 1⁄2 cup chopped chocolate piece
- Spread butter liberally over bread slices.
- Remove crusts& cut to fit into a loaf pan.
- Beat eggs& sugar until pale in colour, gradually blend in milk& vanilla.
- Place a layer of bread in a greased pan& sprinkle some choc chips on top.
- Pour egg mixture over the first layer to just cover.
- Allow to soak a minute or two.
- Continue layering bread, choc chips& egg mixture until pan is full, finishing with bread.
- Drizzle with remaining egg mixture.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon& nutmeg.
- Place the pan in a baking dish filled with water to come halfway up the sides of the loaf pan.
- Bake in a moderate oven (180c) for 1 hour or until firm.
this looks good!!!