Recipe by bearhouse5
Choc-chip muffins free from gluten, dairy and egg, and they're vegan too ! * Tip - If using paper pans, brush or spray the inside of them with oil first so that you don't leave half the muffin behind on the paper.
Top Review by Widget3
As a person with celiac disease who must also completely avoid dairy & eggs (among other things), I thought this was a good recipe. Obviously, these will not taste like "normal" muffins, but, my word, in a non-normal culinary world, they are outstanding. I do have one request: is there a way to replace the tofu?
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup potato starch
- 3 teaspoons baking powder (gluten-free)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons vegan egg replacer powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup silken tofu
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips (gluten and dairy-free)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift brown rice flour, potato flour, baking powder, bi-carb, xanthan gum, egg replacer powder and cinnamon into a bowl. Add brown sugar. Using a whisk, mix well.
- In a separate bowl beat together bananas, vegetable oil, soy milk, silken tofu and vanilla until smooth.
- Add to dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Stir in choc chips.
- Spoon into greased muffin pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 180ºC (350ºF).