Recipe by Satyne
Another batch of chilli's, another experiment.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
I've already made this months ago but somehow forgot to come back and review! Actually I've already made a second batch, this is divine! I didn't have merlo salt, so I just added a splash of merlot wine. Definitely the most awesome chili sauce I've made so far. Thanks for sharing! :)
- 30 chili peppers, ends cut off (more or less depending on how big a saucepan you use)
- 1 (420 g) can tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon merlot salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 3 dark chocolate squares
- balsamic vinegar, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the sugar and chillis in a saucepan, the pan should be big enough that they are single layer, but not so big that there is a lot of empty space showing.
- Pour the balsamic over the chilli's so that it just covers, then add the tomatos, salt and water.
- Bring to a boil, then add the cloves, vanilla and chocolate, then stir through.
- Allow to cool then blend with an immersion blender and then can/jar as required.