Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another batch of chilli's, another experiment.
- 30 chili peppers, ends cut off (more or less depending on how big a saucepan you use)
- 1 (420 g) can tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon merlot salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 3 dark chocolate squares
- balsamic vinegar, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Put the sugar and chillis in a saucepan, the pan should be big enough that they are single layer, but not so big that there is a lot of empty space showing.
- Pour the balsamic over the chilli's so that it just covers, then add the tomatos, salt and water.
- Bring to a boil, then add the cloves, vanilla and chocolate, then stir through.
- Allow to cool then blend with an immersion blender and then can/jar as required.
I've already made this months ago but somehow forgot to come back and review! Actually I've already made a second batch, this is divine! I didn't have merlo salt, so I just added a splash of merlot wine. Definitely the most awesome chili sauce I've made so far. Thanks for sharing! :)