Recipe by canthelpmyself
You will not find a yummier chocolate dessert let alone one that is vegan and wheat free with no added fat or oil. I sell these to a local health food store. They are magnificient straight out the oven and also reheated for 20sec in the microwave once cooled. Alternatively they double as a cold brownie type treat which is equally delicious. The result of this recipe depends highly on using a good quality dark chocolate. I reccommend a 70% cocoa blend and chop it by hand or a food processor.
Top Review by samanthaflo
Just made this for my christmas pudding tomorrow. I made quarter amounts as it was only for me and it made one pudding and I used the rest of the mixture to make a couple of cupcakes. Just tried one of the cupcakes and it was absolutely delicious. I will definitely be making this again for all the family. And as an added bonus the house smells gorgeous too.
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 4 teaspoons brandy
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups white spelt flour
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped glace cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease about 10 pudding tins.
- Combine the applesauce, sugar, brandy and vanilla together in a large bowl. meanwhile in another bowl combine the rest of the ingredients except the cherries.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the applesauce mixture, add the cherries and combine it all, making sure the chocolate and cherries are evenly distributed. Try not to over mix it.
- Spoon the mixture into the tins filling to about 3/4 full (they will rise a bit and then drop a little during cooking) and bake for 15mins.