Recipe by Luschka
Country Fair food and crafts. Cooking time does not include cooling time. This is another of my Christmas gift basket recipes.
Top Review by Darla Emerson
I made this recipe for the COOKING PHOTO SWAP #7. This is a GREAT recipe. Because I live in a small town in the US, I had to use shortbreat cookies in place of the sweet biscuits. Everyone at home and at work loved the fudge. Some even said it was the best they had ever had!!!
- 170 g caster sugar
- 44.37 ml golden syrup
- 125 g butter
- 250 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 250 g plain sweet biscuits, crushed
- 100 g almonds, chopped
- 200 g dark chocolate, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sugar, golden syrup, butter and condensed milk in a saucepan and cook over a low heat, stirring constantly for 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to the boil without stirring, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add crushed biscuits, almonds and chocolate and stir until chocolate melts and mixture is combined.
- Pour mixture into a greased and lined shallow18 x 25 cm cake tin and chill until set.
- Cut into squares.