Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fabulous muffins, hidden inside is a gorgeous, gooey centre of creamy chocolate ganache.
- 75 g unsalted butter
- 75 g milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 75 g granulated sugar
- 2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 75 g self raising flour, sifted
- 125 g milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 50 ml double cream
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- Preheat teh oven to 180c/fan160c/gas4. Lie a deep 6 hole muffin tin with muffin cases. Place the butter and 75g chocolate in a heatproof bowl & place over a pan of simmering water until melted- do not allow the bowl to touch the water.
- Remove the bowl from the heat & stir in the sugar. Using a wooden spoon, gradley beat in the eggs. Fold in the flour until smoothly combined. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases until each is half full.
- To make the ganache, place the remaining chocolate, cream coffee in a heatproof bowl & place over simmering water - again do not allow the bowl to touch the water.Once the chocolate has melted, remove from heat, stir throughly & allow to cool slightly.
- Spoon a teaspoon of the ganache into each muffin case the top with the remaining muffin mixture. Bake for 20-25 mins, or until the muffins are springy to the touch.
- Transfer the muffins to a wire rack, while hot, top each with the remaining ganache,smoothing it with a round bladed knife.
- Serve warm or cold . The muffins will keep for up to 2 days in the fridge.