Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled,seeded & diced
- 2 cucumbers, peeled,seeded & diced
- 3 small green peppers or 3 small wax peppers
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced (optional)
- 3 green onions (white part only sliced) or 1 white onion, sliced into rings
- 1⁄2 cup flat-leaf Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Have all the vegetables cut into similar size, diced.
- English cucumbers work best; remove seeds from larger ones.
- Combine all ingredients in bowl.
- Mix dressing and gently toss just before serving salt and pepper to taste.
Coban salatasi is an everyday occurrance in my home. Although I strongly agree with seeding the cucumber, I don't seed the tomatoes because I like the juice to blend into the dressing. Also, I use red onion, chopped. Traditionally, the ingredients are to be cut into fairly small pieces.
Good basic salad when you don't feel like lettuce based salads. The kids ate it too which is always a good sign.
I combined this with some feta cheese, and some balsamic vinegar and it was actually quite good.