Recipe by GrannyHen
These are great to bag up for gifts or to just have around for family snacks. The not so spicey version was a hit for the 2nd grade Christmas party and the little ones at the family gathering. The spicy version was a hit at the family Christmas gathering.
Top Review by Mrs J B
Per a discussion on the community board, I received this recipe for the 4H Cloverbuds. The kids loved making them. Later, I made a batch for the family, and Eldest Daughter took some to the break room at work. They were a hit there too. These get rave reviews wherever I serve them. Note: little kids get 1/4 tsp of cayenne in their batch; grownups get the full 1 1/2 tsp.
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic (use granules)
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) bag pretzels (use small clover shaped or sticks, the big ones break when you stir)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix everything except pretzels in a large bowl(I use a big plastic salad bowl).
- Just a pinch of cayenne for the little ones.
- Pour pretzels in on top of the sauce. Stir until well coated. I just toss it like a salad.
- Make sure all of the goodies are off of the bottom of the bowl and on the pretzels.
- You can eat them right away, but they are less messy if you let them sit a bit while the pretzels absorb the oil.
- Store in an airtight container.