Recipe by Debster
A colorful dish to round out any menu. Perfect with chicken.
Top Review by Pizza Fetish
This is my new FAV food!! I love it! i was amazed at how good it was. I have never used saffron before> Now i need to use it more. I love it!! Thank you sooo much. P.S i cut the stock in half and it was perfect!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron thread, crushed
- 5 cups chicken stock or 5 cups canned broth
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup snipped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter with oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and saute until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in rice and saffron.
- Add stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer until all liquid is absorbed, about 35 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in chives and serve.