Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
A colorful dish to round out any menu. Perfect with chicken.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron thread, crushed
- 5 cups chicken stock or 5 cups canned broth
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup snipped fresh chives
- Melt butter with oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and saute until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in rice and saffron.
- Add stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer until all liquid is absorbed, about 35 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in chives and serve.
This is my new FAV food!! I love it! i was amazed at how good it was. I have never used saffron before> Now i need to use it more. I love it!! Thank you sooo much. P.S i cut the stock in half and it was perfect!
Great rice that would go wonderful with grilled chicken or fish if you like. *NOTE* I think the 5 cup liquid in the recipe is a typo. I put this together in my rice cooker adding 3 cups of stock and that was perfect. I didn't have the full amount of chives. I used what I had and just put them in my RC instead of mixing them in @ the end.
this was an awesome recipe