Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
From April 2008 Vegetarian Times.
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts, divided
- 16 ounces soy cream cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread walnuts on baking sheet, and bake 8 to 10 minutes or until fragrant. Cool and grind finely in food processor.
- Stir together cream cheese, 3 tablespoons chives, shallot, smoked paprika and 3 tablespoons walnuts until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Scoop mixture into 2 teaspoon. sized balls.
- Roll half in remaining chopped chives and half in remaining walnuts. Serve immediately.