Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe comes from Epicurious. It makes a fabulous and elegant appetizer. Although I have always made this as is, I'm sure it could be halved or doubled.
- 1 cup fresh chives, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil (splurge on a good brand)
- 6 tablespoons crumbled soft fresh goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 20 slices French baguettes (3/4 inch thick diagonal sliced)
- 6 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- additional fresh chives, for garnish
- Puree 1 cup chives and oil in blender for about 2 minutes.
- Pour into a fine sieve set over a medium bowl.
- Let drain for an hour (do NOT press on solids).
- Discard solids.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix goat cheese and shallot in small bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place bread slices on large baking sheet and brush both sides of bread lightly with the chive oil.
- Spread each slice with 1 1/2 teaspoons of cheese mixture.
- Bake bread until light golden, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to serving platter.
- Drape 1 salmon slice over each toast.
- Sprinkle with additional chives.