Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Cuisine At Home.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs russet potatoes or 2 1⁄2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup whole milk, warmed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- salt & pepper
- Boil potatoes in salted water for 15-25 munites, or until tender when pierced. Drain, return them to the pot, and dry over medium heat for 1 minute to evaporate excess water.
- Off heat, mash potatoes in the pot; add butter, milk, chives and seasoning.
a lovely basic recipe, quick and easy for tonight's supper, a must with DH's sausage supper. And went well with my salsa cod too! Just did 3 small potatoes for the two of us and scaled the recipe accordingly. Very tasty with fresh chives from the garden. Thanks for posting.
I did exactly the same so it's hard to guess how many potatoes gives 2 1/2 lbs loll And I don't do often mashed potatoes cause they're never good with me. But this one I had it. Thank you :)
I gave this 5 stars. This almost how my grammy made her Chive Mashed Potatoes. These are so yummy and better then plain mashed potatoes. Thanks for posting a yummmy recipe! Christine (internetnut)