Top Review by berry271
This has good flavor and we enjoy it for breakfast. I recently used a savory cheddar-garlic biscuit mix that I had on hand for the crust, and I thought that was a nice addition. My only critique would be that it's not very hearty. I would say it really only serves 6 as a main dish, as it is rather on the thin side for a breakfast casserole. I think it would be nice on a buffet, with some pastries and fruit, and then you could probably get 10-12 servings out of it.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 ounces cooked ham
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in ham and tomato; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine bisquit mix and water; mix well.
- Press onto the bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of a greased 13x9x2 baking dish.
- Spread ham mixture over the crust; sprinkle with cheese.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk, dill, salt and pepper; pour over cheese.
- Sprinkle with chives.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until knife is inserted near the center comes out clean.