Recipe by Toronto Gal
Recipe comes from the December 2005 edition of Canadian Living Magazine.
Top Review by lazyme
What's not to love with these?! Potatoes, garlic, sour cream, goat cheese....really good. These came out really creamy and smooth and everyone loved them. Thanks Toronto Gal for a great keeper. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.
- 10 baking potatoes (about 6 lbs)
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 cup sour cream
- 10 ounces soft fresh goat cheese (1 log)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh chives, finely chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes and cut in half crosswise.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cover and cook potatoes and garlic until tender, 25-30 minutes.
- Drain and return to pot; dry over low heat, shaking pan, about 1 minute.
- Press through ricer - you could mash but it will not be as smooth or creamy.
- Optional - warm goat cheese, and sour cream in the microwave on low for 2 minutes.
- Mix sour cream, goat cheese, butter, salt and pepper into potatoes and stir smooth.
- Add chives if using.
- Put into a casserole dish or 13x9 baking dish.
- If making ahead - up to 2 days - cool and refrigerate.
- Cover and bake at 400F for 30 minutes, or microwave on high for 10-12 minutes. If cold add 10 minutes to baking time in the oven.