Recipe by CindiJ
At a breakfast meeting earlier this year we were served a breakfast casserole with a side of Chive Cream as an optional garnish. This stuff took the basic breakfast casserole over the top!! I begged the chef to share his recipe (to no avail) and have been searching ever since. This is pretty close to what I remember. Chill time is cook time.
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons chives, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In the bowl of a standing mixer – or in a large bowl, using a hand-held mixer – whip the crème fraîche until light and airy. Stir in the buttermilk, garlic, chives, lemon zest and juice. Season with one-fourth teaspoon salt and a couple grinds of black pepper, or to taste.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
- This will keep, refrigerated, for one day.