Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from Bon Appetit April 2001. These are delicious by themselves but try them with the Broiled Portobellos Topped with Creamy Scrambled Eggs. Add Roasted Asparagus with Goat Cheese and Bacon and you have Brunch-Extraodinaire!
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 425 degrees.
- Spray 10 standard muffin cups (each about 1/3 cup capacity) or 30 mini-muffin cups with non-stick spray.
- Whisk flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking soda and cayenne pepper in medium bowl. Mix well to blend ingredients.
- Stir in chives.
- In another medium bowl whisk yogurt, eggs and melted butter.
- Add yogurt mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups, using about 1/3 cup batter for each standard cup or about 1 generous T. for each mini-muffin cup.
- Bake until muffins are puffed and golden and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 20 minutes for standard and 14 minutes for mini.
- Transfer pans to rack and let cool a couple of minutes before serving.
- Or make ahead and rewarm right before serving in a 350 degree oven.
- Serve with softened butter (lots and lots of softened butter!).
Excellent. The chives and cayenne set these corn muffins apart from the ho-hum normal. And they're lower in fat than usual. I did try them along with the grilled portabellos mentioned above, Broiled Portabellas Topped With Creamy Scrambled Eggs. They were a hit.