This is from Bon Appetit April 2001. These are delicious by themselves but try them with the Broiled Portobellos Topped with Creamy Scrambled Eggs. Add Roasted Asparagus with Goat Cheese and Bacon and you have Brunch-Extraodinaire!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 425 degrees.
- 2Spray 10 standard muffin cups (each about 1/3 cup capacity) or 30 mini-muffin cups with non-stick spray.
- 3Whisk flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking soda and cayenne pepper in medium bowl. Mix well to blend ingredients.
- 4Stir in chives.
- 5In another medium bowl whisk yogurt, eggs and melted butter.
- 6Add yogurt mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
- 7Divide batter among prepared muffin cups, using about 1/3 cup batter for each standard cup or about 1 generous T. for each mini-muffin cup.
- 8Bake until muffins are puffed and golden and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 20 minutes for standard and 14 minutes for mini.
- 9Transfer pans to rack and let cool a couple of minutes before serving.
- 10Or make ahead and rewarm right before serving in a 350 degree oven.
- 11Serve with softened butter (lots and lots of softened butter!).
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chive-Corn Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.3
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 56.2 mg
- Sodium 341.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 4.9 g