Recipe by English_Rose
These impressive looking chive-carpet appetizers will impress your guests! They can be cut smaller to make attractive canapes!
- 1 egg, hard boiled
- 1 3⁄4 ounces fresh chives, very finely chopped
- 4 chives, left whole
- 4 slices rye bread
- 1 3⁄4 ounces cream cheese
- 10 1⁄2 ounces smoked salmon, finely sliced
- 1 3⁄4 ounces salmon roe (optional)
- 1 lemon, quartered, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread the bread with the cream cheese, right to the edges.
- Lay the bread cheese-side down on the chives, pressing lightly, until each slice is completely covered with a fine layer of chives. It should look like a green carpet.
- Peel the egg and finely slice in an egg-slicer or with a sharp knife.
- Top the slices of bread with a fold of salmon, a slice of egg, and a teaspoonful of salmon roe, if using.
- Decorate with a whole chive, and serve with a wedge of lemon.