Prep 8 mins
Cook 12 mins
These moist, tender drop biscuits are quick to make and go great with many main dishes such as soups, stews and roasts. From The Best of Country Cooking.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a small bowl.
- Cut in shortening with pastry blender until coarse crumbs.
- Stir in buttermilk and chives and stir until just moistened.
- Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned.
- Serve warm and enjoy!