Recipe by Lorac
I adore fresh salmon. The cream cheese topping, keeps the salmon moist. As it melts, the flavors of the herbs and vegetables encases the fish steaks.
Top Review by Just Call Me Martha
This is a wonderful change of pace from the usual grilled salmon. The flavours were incredible and it is a simple dish to put together. Even the presentation is nice and colourful. I substituted light cream cheese with no problems. My salmon did take the entire 15 minutes to cook through. The only difficulty I encountered was trying not to eat the cream cheese mixture before it went on the salmon. It is sooooooooo good! I would imagine this would be good on chicken as well.
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon steaks
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- fresh chives
- lemon wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place salmon in a shallow, greased baking dish.
- Combine cream cheese, tomatoes, mushrooms, chives, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Top salmon with cream cheese mixture and bake uncovered 12-15 minutes or until the fish flakes easily.
- Garnish and serve.