Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I adore fresh salmon. The cream cheese topping, keeps the salmon moist. As it melts, the flavors of the herbs and vegetables encases the fish steaks.
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon steaks
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- fresh chives
- lemon wedge
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place salmon in a shallow, greased baking dish.
- Combine cream cheese, tomatoes, mushrooms, chives, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Top salmon with cream cheese mixture and bake uncovered 12-15 minutes or until the fish flakes easily.
- Garnish and serve.
This is a wonderful change of pace from the usual grilled salmon. The flavours were incredible and it is a simple dish to put together. Even the presentation is nice and colourful. I substituted light cream cheese with no problems. My salmon did take the entire 15 minutes to cook through. The only difficulty I encountered was trying not to eat the cream cheese mixture before it went on the salmon. It is sooooooooo good! I would imagine this would be good on chicken as well.
Ooh la la, Carol! Are there words to describe this easy and decadent dish? We had a salmon fillet (or is it 'filet'?). It looked so pretty coming out of the oven, but of course we didn't admire it's beauty for very long. We ate it with lots of 'ooooh's' and 'aaahh's'. We're eating low carb at the moment so we had a 'heap' of steamed broccolini on the side. It was perfect. Thank you for yet another fabulous recipe! :)
Oh my!! This is wonderful! Such an easy recipe, and boy does it turn out a very classy salmon. Superb taste. That cream cheese and tomato mixture is yummy! A great change from the ordinary way I usually fix it. I will use this recipe a lot. Thanks Carol!!