Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from the New Legal Sea Foods cookbook. Great on bagels or crackers.
- 3⁄4 cup flaked cooked salmon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon bottled prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- fresh ground black pepper
- Place lime juice, horseradish, mustard and cream cheese in the bowl of food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Add salmon and process until blended thoroughly.
- If your spread is too dense, add a tablespoon or two of milk. (This wasn't necessary when I made it.).
- Transfer to bowl and mix in chives.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This is good stuff! I upped all the quantities just a bit to match the package sizes available. I used 8 oz low fat cream cheese, 2 (5 oz) cans salmon (about 1 cup total), and 2 green onions (no chives on hand) and then upped the lime juice by 1 tsp and added a little extra horseradish and mustard. Used lots of pepper but didn't need to add any salt. Makes a great sandwich spread or dip for crackers. Thanks for sharing!