Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
These make a wonderful side dish to almost any meal.
- 3 lbs red potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 8 ounces sour cream and chive potato topping
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half
- Cut potatoes into fourths or bite size pieces.
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray place potatoes in slow cooker with water and cook for 5-6 hours on low.
- mash potatoes with potato masher or fork.
- Stir in potatoes topping, ranch mix, and chives.
- Stir in half and half until potatoes are soft consistency.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Optional: you can use milk or lactose free milk in place of half in half in this recipe.
- You can also do this on the stove top to save time.
This was super..also didnt have the sour cream chives topping so used straight sour and added chives..still perfect..and putting in crock makes it so easy gives.. you time to spend with your friends at a dinner party..Thanks
These are very yummy! They don't have that kind of sour cream here so, I just used reg sour cream and extra chives. Great flavor just needs salt... Thanx:)
What a great way to make mashed potatoes. The flavor was great and I liked that I could cook the potatoes while having my meat cooking in another crock pot. I couldn't buy sour cream and chives chip dip so I made up my own. I served this with Crockpot Dry Rub Brisket #164653. What a great combination!