1/2 Photos of Chive and Parsley Mashed Potatoes
These green mashed potatoes are so cool looking! This would be great for St. Patrick's day, Thanksgiving or any weeknight you want to kick your regular mashed potatoes up a notch! Adapted from Gourmet magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Chive and parsley oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh chives
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil plus 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Make oil:.
- 2Purée chives and parsley with oil and salt in a blender until smooth. Pour herb oil through a fine strainer into a glass cup, pressing on and discarding solids.
- 3Prepare potatoes:.
- 4Peel and quarter potatoes. Cover potatoes with salted cold water by 1 inch in a 5-quart heavy pot, then simmer, uncovered, until very tender, about 25 minutes.
- 5While potatoes are simmering, bring milk, butter, salt, and pepper to a simmer, stirring until butter is melted.
- 6Drain potatoes in a colander and return to pot. Add the hot milk mixture and mash with a potato masher until almost smooth, then stir in 4 tablespoons of the herb oil.
- 7If desired, serve potatoes drizzled with some of remaining oil. Enjoy!
- 9Oil can be made 4 days ahead and covered and chilled. Bring to room temperature before using.
- 10Potatoes can be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Bring to room temperature before reheating in a microwave or double boiler, stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chive and Parsley Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (2963 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.5
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 36.9 mg
- Sodium 475.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 7.3 g