Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This could be used as a dip or a spread. I made it up when I realized I needed it for a recipe I was about to make: Olive-Pepper Spirals. I thought it turned out very flavorful and yummy.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (more or less to taste)
- 4 tablespoons red onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, minced (more to taste)
- In a medium bowl with a hand mixer cream together cream cheese, feta cheese and onion powder until well mixed.
- Beat in red onion and chives until mixed.
- Good served immediately but will develop more flavor upon sitting.
- Serve spread on a flour tortilla for a spiral recipe or as a cracker spread or vegetable dip.
using half amount quantities I mixed up 1 oz cream cheese, 3 oz kefir homemade cream cheese, a bit more feta and lots of garlic chives....yummy already and will serve up on cucumber rounds tomorrow for work bbq
I just made this and let me tell you, it is awesome! I love it on bagels and with crackers. I also made a batch for a recipe that called for Philadelphia similar cream cheese. I used green onions in place of chives and it works just as well!
This is the 2nd time I made this. The 1st time I didn't have feta cheese. The 2nd I didn't have chives or the feta so I added 1 tsp of garlic powder they both were delish. I think this has endless possibilities.