Recipe by breezermom
I love croutons! I could just eat them as a snack!
Top Review by diner524
My sister just left yesterday after being here for more then a week, so let DH pick what we are having for dinner tonight. He picked steak, baked potato and salad, so I chose to tag this recipe to use in our salad. I used part of a French baguette and scaled back the recipe and since it wasn't day old, I cubed it and put it in a warmed oven for 10 minutes. These are delicious, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't make it to the salad later tonight, lol!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for your 2nd win in the football pool, congrats!!!
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 10 cups French bread or 10 cups Italian bread or 10 cups sourdough bread, cubed day old
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the first 4 ingredients in oil and butter in a large skillet for 1 minute. Add the bread cubes, and toss gently until the liquid is absorbed.
- Spread the bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until crisp and golden, stirring occasionally.
- Store the croutons in an airtight container once they are completely cooled. Serve over tossed green salads. (Or, if you are like me, sneak guiltily into the kitchen and have some for a midnight snack!).