Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Tops courtesy of Chiquita Bananas.
- 1 (10 inch) deep dish pie shells
- 1 pint ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup light cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 6 bananas
- Brown pie shell to lightly brown. Remove from oven.
- Puree 3 bananas and place in mixing bowl with the ricotta cheese, cream cheese, eggs, light cream, ground cinnamon, ginger, and honey. Mix and blend well.
- Slice 3 bananas into thin rounds and place slices into pie crust and pour banana and cheese filling over sliced bananas.
- Preheat oven to 350. Bake for 45 minutes or until browned. Shut oven off, leave pie in oven with door open for 5 to 10 minutes to settle.
- Serve warm or chilled with whipped cream topping.
- Variation: Add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts to top of pie before baking. Press walnuts into pie. Bake till golden.