Recipe by Stephen Dunne
great british staple adopted from the french or the belgians not sure which one but cheers anyway!
Directions See How It's Made
- peel your spuds and chop them into half inch size.
- run them under the cold tap in a colander to wash the starch off.
- place your spuds in the microwave and blast them till they're soft.
- tip them onto a clean teatowel and dry them as beast you can.
- submerge them into pre-heated peanut oil (you can add a glug of pungent extra virgin if you like for the lovely taste and smell) at about 180 degrees celsius.
- cook till golden and floating as such.
- turn out onto kitchen roll and remove excess oil.
- turn into a warmed serving dish and dust with white pepper lots of sea salt and a good ol' splash of vinegar THE PERFECT CHIP.