Prep 30 mins
Cook 14 mins
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- In a big bowl, beat the butter, using an electric mixer on medium to high speed, for 30 seconds.
- Add in brown sugar, sugar, and cooking oil; beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in egg, baking soda, cream of tartar, vanilla, and salt until combined.
- Beat in flour; stir in oats, rice cereal, chocolate chips, coconut, and nuts with a wooden spoon.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack; let cool.
- To store: place in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container; cover; store at room temperature up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months.