Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
A deviled egg recipe that uses French onion dip and potato chips. Another one of my experimental deviled egg recipes!
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄4 cup French onion dip
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 15 -20 potato chips, crushed
- paprika (optional)
- Hard boil, cool and peel eggs.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks and place in a small bowl; mash with fork.
- Add French onion dip, mustard and crushed potato chips.
- Scoop or pipe yolk mixture into egg halves.
- Garnish with Paprika, if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Your experiment works! I did have to use closer to 1/2 cup of French onion dip to make the filling smooth. I don't know if the chips soak up the moisture or what but 1/4 cup wasn't enough for me. My deviled egg loving son loved them! Thanks so much for posting!!
Wow, these are some double stuffed deviled eggs! I thought the chips were great in them, and also liked the subtle onion dip flavor. I made the dip from Simply Organic's mix with a 50 50 mayo/sour cream ratio (they advise 2 cups per ounce of dry, which isn't strong). I did use a 1/2 cup of it like another reviewer, and only 1/3 the mustard (personal preference). Very tasty! I can't wait to try some of your other creations.
Reviews about these were mixed at my house. The French onion dip was really overpowering. I think if I try them again, I'll substitute some sour cream for some of the onion dip to tone the dip taste down a bit.