Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Yummy breakfast/snack cake with a tall glass of milk! Adapted from Cake Mix Magic in Minutes, a favorite cookbook.
- 20 chips ahoy chocolate chip cookies, coarsely chopped
- 12 chips ahoy chocolate chip cookies, finely crushed
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour 13x9 pan.
- Chop and crush cookies separately and set aside.
- Mix cake mix, water, softened margarine, eggs together well.
- Blend in sour cream.
- Stir in chopped cookies.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Mix cookie crumbs, pecans, coconut, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Stir in melted margarine.
- Sprinkle over cake batter.
- Bake 40 minutes ot until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Drizzle with powdered sugar glaze if desired.