Recipe by Bonnie Young
This is an old one. It is so easy to make and tastes great.
Top Review by PellCity
I have been making this dessert for years. Everyone loves it. I am asked to make it at all family functions. I do not freeze mine, I make it the night before and refridgerate until I use the next night. This way all the flavors meld together! I hope that all of you will try this because it it really good. Thanks for posting so other can enjoy it!!!!
- 2 (13 1/4 ounce) packageschips ahoy chocolate chip cookies
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1⁄2 cup Kahlua (optional) or 1⁄2 cup Amaretto (optional) or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix milk and Kahlua and. Dip cookies in milk mixture for 5-6 seconds.
- Place cookies in the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan (You can also use a glass cake pan).
- Spread thin layer of Cool-Whip on top of cookies and repeat until desired depth. (Usually I end up using both packages). Reserve broken cookies for garnish.
- Top layer should be Cool-Whip then sprinkle top with reserved cookie crumbs or chocolate curls. Freeze until ready to use.
- Remove cake from freezer a few minutes before serving to thaw a little for easier cutting.