Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a copycat recipe.
Make and share this Chips Ahoy! Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (level)
- 2 teaspoons salt (level)
- 1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable shortening (Crisco)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons warm water (to 4)
- 12 ounces semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Bring all ingredients to room temperature. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix the flour and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- Use an electric mixer to mix the two sugars and shortening. When creamy add the vanilla, salt, and egg white.
- Add the flour 1/2 cup at a time adding a tablespoon of warm water as necessary to mix the flour -- don't exceed 4 tablespoons of water -- this will make a firm dough.
- Mix in chocolate chips. As the dough gets thicker you may want to mix by hand and abandon the electric mixer.
- Roll into 2-inch balls and press down with the palm of the hand to make flat. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.